- The Good Neighbor Policy (a dramatic departure from the Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine)
- 1930s Isolationism (as illustrated by a series of Neutrality Acts)
- The importance of the Lend-Lease Act
- The significance of the ship the St. Louis
We next viewed a series of political cartoons by Dr. Seuss that illustrate American concerns leading up to and immediately following the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The PowerPoint is included below.
We finished by watching the FDR installment of the President's series which gives an overview of the Great Depression and World War II.
If you're looking to study for the Period 7 test on Thursday, remember that this period includes the following:
- World War I
- Great Depression/New Deal
- World War II